QUICK RELEASE: Spring / Summer Fertiliser
- Accelerates lawn growth and greenness
- 6-week intensive nitrogen feed
- Brings lawns back to life with an instant boost of green
How much do I need?
Simply enter the length and width of the area, to calculate how much you need.
After a harsh winter Quick Release: Spring/Summer will give your lawn the boost it needs to bring it right back to life. Quick Release: Spring/Summer is a fast-acting fertiliser which promotes the immediate healthy growth of grass - providing you with an instantly green lawn. You can apply two applications of this each summer – we recommend one in early April / May, and one in early July.
Please note this fertiliser can scorch your grass blades, so remember to water it off or apply just before the rain is due. Avoid application during very hot periods. We recommend applying on cooler evenings or overcast days. For more information on all things fertiliser, read our Fertiliser FAQs.
• Apply our fertiliser at the recommended rate by hand when wearing a glove or by using a spreader
• Water the fertiliser in until it dissolves
• Keep kids and pets away from the lawn during application and until the granules dissolve
• Remove / water off any footwear you were wearing during the application of the fertiliser to avoid any risk of damage to newly laid patios / stone flag flooring
Not watering your fertiliser in can potentially scorch existing grass or delay the benefits of the fertiliser.If after watering the fertiliser does not disappear and dissolve off the surface, water until you cannot see the granules.
You can use this fertiliser any time you plan to do overseed or sow a new lawn. For a general lawn feed that promotes greeness for a longer period of time or will protect your lawn going into winter, you may wish to consider our Slow Release: Spring / Summer or Slow Release: Autumn / Winter fertilisers.
|Use||March to August|
|Spreading Rate||70g per m2|
|Watering||This fertiliser MUST be watered in - granules should not be visible after application if watered in suffciently.|
• If you are planning to overseed or sow a new lawn from scratch, you can do so once the fertiliser granules have dissolved
For more information on all things fertiliser, read our Fertiliser FAQs.
Whilst we can't be exactly sure as it is not our product. If it is the Easy Spreader Plus then you can try setting 4.5 for 2 passes. I can not find any details regarding a general "easy spreader".
However this spring it started to turn yellow in lots of patches. I applied some of the quick release pre seed and it turned nice, thick green lawn but couple months later gone back to the dry yellow straw like lawn in most places. Not sure if I need to scarify and oversees or apply another type of fertiliser?
I only used the pre seed fertiliser as I purchased couple bags from you previously and had some left over. Guessing I need some summer feed but not sure if it should be quick or slow release?
Yes, it would be fine to use up your QUICK RELEASE: Pre Seed fertiliser.
All of our QUICK RELEASE fertilisers provided 6 weeks of feed, whilst our SLOW RELEASE fertilisers provide 14-16 weeks of feed. Once the feed duration is up, you can feed your lawn again.
There are many reasons for yellow patches on your lawn, and it may be due to a lack of nitrogen, pet urine or common garden diseases. We have a blog post on our website which might be of interest to you: https://thegrasspeople.com/whats-going-lawn/
I have also included our step-by-step guide on how to overseed an existing lawn below:
● Remove any dead grass, weeds or moss by scarifying/raking the area
● Rake the area enough so that the soil is loose and not compact
● Sow the seed at our recommended rate of 35g per m2, by using a seed spreader or your hand
● Rake the seed in after sowing so that the seed is in amongst the soil
● Firm down by foot or by using a roller to improve seed-to-soil contact
● Water the just-sown seed well
I have just used the spring summer fertiliser on my new soil, how long until it dissolves? Then I can seed?
I have a dog so instead of a granular feed for the lawn do you do a soluble one so I can put it on with a watering can
Also do you do a moss killer?
Apply the fertiliser first, this is a granular product and must be watered until fully dissolved. Once dissolved you can sow your seed. We also have a Pre Seed Fertiliser which may be an option.
We have a Feed, Weed & Mosskiller, it works over the course of two weeks to eradicate weeds and moss - where it is particularly prevalent patches will appear and these will need seeded. It will also feed your lawn and make any existing grass very green and lush. It is a granular fertiliser and needs to be watered in after application.
There's a few things you can do to ensure a successful overseeding, especially with clay soils. Our blog on this will help point you in the right direction; https://thegrasspeople.com/get-best-clay-soils/. Of course if you want to send any photos through or need further advice you can always email us at [email protected]