It is thankfully that time of year again when we can shake off the dark nights and winter cobwebs and return to the garden and enjoy what we will hope will be sun filled days.
The First Cut
If you are like me you like to a do a quick tidy before you start making firm plans for your garden and lawn for the spring and summer.
When we take a good look around the garden and start tidying up, we will find the odd bit of rubbish, some new weeds and even some storm damage for the various kindly named storms (I think most of us will remember Doris! ?).
Once you have broken the back of the garden spring clean it is time to get the first grass cut as the lawn needs a good mow. We need to make sure we get this right or we risk damage which will need to be repaired later.
First Grass Cut Video
We have created a simple and straight forward guide, you can view our first grass cut video below;
6 First Grass Cut Top Tips
- Check your lawn mower is safe, your electrical cord is not split/exposed.
- Check that your lawn mower blades are sharp (be careful!)
- Your grass should be at least 9cm (3.5 inches) before cutting
- Do not cut too short as this can weaken the grass
- Never remove more than a third of the blade height
- Never mow wet grass
If you want to share any of your own tips or have any questions please contact us.
We would love to see some of your before and after pictures, which we can share on our Facebook channel.