REFRESH: Extra Energy Bird Food
- High energy bird food, an ideal winter mixture
- Very nutritious and oily mixture
- 100% wheat & filler-free promise
All our bird food mixtures come with our 100% wheat and filler-free promise.
REFRESH: Extra Energy is a calorie laden mixture, guaranteed to provide a long lasting and energy boosting meal - designed with autumn/winter in mind. Our bird food has been created to provide a nutritious and balanced feed for wild birds, that isn’t full of wheat and fillers.
The ingredients in this mixture have been carefully selected for the benefits that they will provide to the birds during the autumn/winter months. Energy rich ingredients like suet pellets, peanuts and raisins along with calorie loaded niger seeds will ensure that the birds have a varied and substantial diet. This will allow them to effectively store energy and keep themselves warm during colder temperatures. Even though this mix is intended to provide for birds during the winter months, the addition of kibbled maize, sunflower seeds and oats will also mean that this mixture can be used all year round for feeding.
Our REFRESH: Extra Energy mixture will appeal to a wide range of UK garden birds including finches, tits, sparrows, and robins. The peanuts in this mixture will be particularly attractive to the tit family (coal tit, blue tit, long tailed tit and great tit) who will favour peanuts over most nuts due to their high fat content.
This mix is suitable for all bird food tables, platforms and feeders and can be easily introduced into your current bird feeding routines.
We have created our REFRESH: Extra Energy mix to cater for UK garden birds during the winter months, when they have shortages in their natural food sources and may struggle to find food and energy supplies.
- Our REFRESH: Extra Energy mix is suitable to use with all types of bird feeders, including but not limited to bird tables, seed feeders and bird platforms.
- This mixture is not suitable for seed specific feeders (Niger seed feeder, Peanut seed feeder) as it may not hold the seeds in place correctly and may be difficult for the bird to retrieve the food.
- Whilst there is no correct amount of bird food to leave out for birds, we advise that you monitor the amount that is being taken from your feeders and tables. If bird food is left for too long, untouched, it can begin to mould and dampen, which will deter the birds away, or potentially cause them harm through illness caused by old food.
Although this product doesn’t require aftercare, there are a few things you can do to ensure that you and the birds will get the most out of your bird food.
- Keeping your feeders and tables clean is an essential part of feeding birds. To learn how to correctly clean your bird feeder, read our full guide here.
- Birdfood should be correctly stored once it has been opened to make sure it lasts. We recommend keeping it in a cool, dry place and away from any pets. Read our full guide on 'how to store birdfood'.