Getting your grass cut for the first time after sowing or mowing your grass correctly is the corner stone of your grass health.
How To: The First Grass Cut
From our video you can see when the first cut should happen and how you can do it easily to support great lawn growth.
- Remove any stones and obstacles
- Check your mower is safe and that your blades are sharp.
- Grass should be at least 9cm/3.5 inches before cutting.
- Set your mower blade to the highest setting.
- Too short a cut weakens the grass.
- Handy Tip: Remeber to never remove more than a third of the blade height (and never mow wet grass!).